|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||1/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/5/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,500 annually, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until February 5, 2021 at 5PM
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Circulation Manager for the Oklahoma Today magazine for the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department in OKC, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $38,500.
The circulation manager is responsible for all activities related to the subscriptions and distribution of Oklahoma Today magazine.
Duties will include but may not be limited to:
• Process daily subscription orders including order forms mailed in, downloading online orders, and taking orders over the phone.
• Create and subscription invoices for orders that are not paid upon submission.
• Key orders with a high degree of accuracy into the subscription database.
• Answer incoming phone calls. Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner. Assist subscribers with questions and/or suggestions.
• Maintain filing system for accurate retrieval of all subscription information. Ensure that all files are accessible to staff via SharePoint.
• Download mailing lists for the magazine mailings and all subscription renewal efforts and provide lists to the mail house and/or printer on time for renewal mailings. This includes providing accurate counts to each facility for each mailing and bi-monthly magazine print letter to the magazine printer.
• Track the monthly inventory as provided by the local mail house, and ensure that there are sufficient quantities on-hand for all subscription effort mailings. This also includes ensuring a sufficient inventory of corporate account magazine cover stickers with the magazine printer.
• Track all single copy independent newsstand sales, returns, and payments; including invoicing.
• Provide monthly reporting on subscription orders received.
• Annually, complete and file the Annual Postal Report.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to create spreadsheets in Excel; execute queries in a database; create memos, letters, memos, and emails; excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional attention to detail; excellent customer service skills; knowledge of a multi-line telephone
High school diploma or equivalent, associate’s degree preferred; experience using Windows-based computer applications including Microsoft Office 365; previous experience in database entry and customer service. Magazine circulation experience a plus but not required.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.