|Department||Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training|
|Date Opened||1/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit letter of interest and resume to:
Attention: Shelly Lowrance
2401 Egypt Rd., Ada
OR email them to email@example.com
The position will close on January 31, 2021.
Human Resources Specialist
Council on Law Enforcement education and Training
2401 Egypt Road
Ada, Oklahoma 74820
This person is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, revising, interpreting, and administering all Human Resources functions, recruiting, and employee policies and practices. Initially this person will report directly to the Executive Director
Description of Tasks:
• Establishes, implements, communicates, and administers all Human Resources programs for CLEET.
• Responsible for training and development concerning pertinent HR related issues.
• Partners with the Executive Director to develop, communicate, and enforce policy and procedure related to employee performance and conduct.
• Establishes and interprets policies and procedures for employees and supervisors and ensures consistent application.
• Responsible for the State Performance Management System for CLEET.
• Manages recruitment for all open positions, including posting, interviews, notifications, etc.
• Responsible for benefits program management for all employees.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, for all HR related issues.
• Processes Job Analysis, develops and maintains existing/new job descriptions.
• Processes new employee orientation and on-boarding including all paperwork and policy and procedure and employee handbook familiarization as needed.
• Serves as a grievance/complaint liaison and ensures they get to the appropriate department and/or supervisor. May conduct investigations related to HR issues as assigned.
• May make disciplinary recommendation in consultation with the Executive Director or designee.
• Assist all supervisors in all HR related issues.
• Tracking and updates of all required supervisor and employee training.
• Responsible for tracking and updating monthly and annually, all time and leave processes for all CLEET employees.
• Responsible for updating and posting all directives as guided by the Executive Director or designee.
• Achievements, monthly or annual recognition.
• Prepares weekly, monthly, and annual reports as requested or needed by the Executive Director of designee.
• Any other duties assigned as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Perspective candidates with prior Human Resources knowledge and skills will receive special consideration.
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all types of people throughout the agency and state.
• Well organized and self-initiated person that is be able to multi-task and still perform all duties or tasks in a timely manner.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with employees while maintaining a safe place for grievance/complaint resolution.
• Familiarity with various types of software.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of three years in Human Resource related functions.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required with the right experience and knowledge.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.