The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Technical Writer . This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000.00, based on education and experience.
The Technical Writer supports the Office of Management and Enterprise Services’ formalization of policies, procedures, standards and documentation. This position creates, reviews and maintains written policies and procedures to ensure all documentation accurately reflects current operating practices, as well as meets regulatory compliance.
• Creates a documentation strategy for product resources by working with Information Services teams to research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
• Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize and write standards, policies and process documentation.
• Craft and publish training and how-to documentation for customer knowledgebase.
• Work with team to create and manage change control process in which documentation is requested, reviewed and published.
• Work with team to define and create a strategy for engaging technical writing resource services as well as improving brand touchpoints within customer documentation.
• Ensure all documentation accurately reflects current operating practices, as well as meets regulatory compliance.
• Updates to current operating standards by revising existing documents as needed and maintain records of changes.
• Work closely with agency personnel to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects with a focus on customer communications and customer experience.
• Revise documentation to incorporate product updates, product enhancements, release notes and branding to improve customer experience.
• Provide input on documentation design and implementation, while refining customer touchpoints with technical documentation.
• Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates meeting branding requirements.
• Use best practices in writing, editing and communications to research, craft, develop, and publish high-quality, training resources.
• Produce screenshots, flowcharts, swim-lanes, RACI charts, and other graphics.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.