|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/14/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $50,000.00, based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
This position is time-limited to June 30, 2022.
OSDH is seeking a full time COVID-19 Vaccine Specialist providing support to the Mayes County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN #34003910) in state government, located in Pryor, OK.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $50,000.00, based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to oversee the implementation of COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration plan activities and coordinate with stakeholders. The position will train providers on the importance of vaccinations and utilization of immunization quality measures for County Health Departments (CHD), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), and Correctional and Long Term Care facilities.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
Job duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Enrolls and trains pandemic providers on Enhanced OSIIS and vaccine finder.
• Maintains and coordinates inventory of vaccines and supplies, and implements protocols based on CDC’s guidelines.
• Trains providers on COVID-19 vaccine storage and handling, administration, VAERS reporting etc.
• Maintains provider database to track training topics and information.
• Compiles monthly reports of activities, progress, barriers and success with a plan to address the barriers.
• Monitors Data quality for COVID administrations on a weekly basis through the data quality reports available in Enhanced OSIIS.
• Works with the CHD administration to communicate to providers, partners, target populations, and general public regarding early, targeted vaccine efforts as well as widespread availability.
• Works with stake holders including FQHCs, pharmacies, hospitals and also with other districts/regions to ensure continuity across the state.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in a biological science, health science, social science, or a closely related field plus two years of experience or four years of experience in performing duties such as public health inspections and investigations, emergency management, preventive health programs, or as a public health nurse or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of practical nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of public health practices, medical terminology as applied to immunizations and vaccine preventable diseases; vaccines, dosing schedules, vaccine administration; child care and school state immunization requirements. Skilled in communicating the role of public health within the health system and community to diverse audiences establish effective working relationships; communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences in both written and verbal methods; to plan, organize and prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines; create and implement training and presentations; development of distance training methods, including conference calls and webinar tools. Ability to use relevant information and individual judgements to determine whether events or processes comply with laws and use of common software products such as Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Ability to use relevant information and individual judgements to determine whether events or processes comply with laws and use of common software products such as Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office, vehicle, and public establishments. Travel may include traveling during inclement weather. Perform varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Ability to drive for hours at a time.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|