|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||1/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,600+ annually (plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays).|
|Full or Part Time||
Interested applicants must submit resumes to: humanresources@ODMHSAS.org
referencing the job title (Nursing Coordinator I) and announcement number 2021-61 GMH,
along with a copy of their most recent performance evaluation.
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
Nursing Coordinator, I (Weekend Coordinator), 2802
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request. EOE
Full-time, Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Saturday: 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
$61,600+ annually (plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays).
This position is responsible for assisting in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the psychiatric nursing needs of the consumers served. The Nurse Coordinator has twenty-four hour responsibility for the nursing component of the facility. This position is responsible for supervision of the Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Patient Care Assistants to ensure coverage and quality consumer care.
• Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license to practice Registered Nursing as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. A Master’s Degree and three (3) years of professional nursing experience, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR
• Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of professional nursing experience, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR
• Five (5) years of professional nursing experience, one which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or supervisor capacity.
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
• Generous benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible Spending Account
• 11 Paid Holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.