|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/13/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $59,159.72, based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Behavioral Health Clinician III, providing support to McClain and Grady Counties. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34003917) in state government, based in Purcell, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $59,159.72, based on education and experience.
Performs psychological services including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health conditions that impact functioning of children and families in homes and daycares. We educate caregivers and demonstrate the activities that would be specific to their child's educational and therapeutic needs while performing ongoing assessment and therapy plans. Mental health treatment is based on the established research in the field and identified as effective for disruptive behavior difficulties, trauma recovery, biologically based conditions such as anxiety and mood conditions. This is the specialist level where employees are assigned responsibilities for performing advanced assessment and treatment services such as a highly specialized clinical service.This position supports Sooner Start and related goals across the region.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Conducts initial interview with client to obtain pertinent case history and background information to make appropriate diagnosis.
• Administers, scores and interprets various intelligence, personality, aptitude, and/or cognitive, affective and behavioral assessments.
• Develops an appropriate treatment plan based on test findings and interview;
• Conducts individual, group and family therapy sessions.
• Prepares comprehensive evaluation reports.
• Participates in multidisciplinary staff conferences.
• Participates in programs and evidenced based practices to support child and family wellbeing.
• Maintains confidential records of client services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Appear in court and provide testimony in client hearings or other areas.
• Consults with community agencies and school systems on behalf of clients or provides special programs as requested.
• May intervene in crisis and potentially life threatening situations.
• May implement research programs
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level consist of a master’s degree in psychology, counseling, human relations, clinical/direct practice social work, or a closely related field plus two additional years of qualifying experience and must have a passing score on the National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification or hold a current license as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Behavior Practitioner (LBP), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), National Certified School Psychologist (NCSP), Licensed Health Service Psychologist (HSP); Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), or a doctorate in psychology or education with a specialty in clinical, counseling, or school psychology, including one academic year of full time pre-doctoral internship from an accredited program listed by the American Psychological Association at the time of completion.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.