|Date Opened||1/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$3,065.33-$4,087.17 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
How to Apply: On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Shaleen Varner at Shaleen.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located in Tulsa, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee will receive a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
This position assumes management, supervision and oversight over the maintenance, repair, and minor modification of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsibilities include performing general maintenance tasks in support of existing buildings, equipment and utility systems with priority given to implementation of a preventive maintenance program for building systems such as mechanical, fire suppression, and other building systems. Implementation of policies and procedures to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance program is required. This position requires review and oversight of various contract services to ensure that they are performed in accordance with specifications and agency standards. This position is a supervisory position that requires both physical work and supervisory tasks.
• Implements and performs a preventative maintenance program designed to maintain and improve the overall condition of buildings, grounds and equipment.
• Maintains buildings, grounds, and equipment in compliance with federal, state and local energy, environmental and safety standards.
• Completes Installation Status Reports (ISR).
• Prepares specifications and statements of work; reviews contractor submittals, plans and specifications.
• Manages rehab and minor construction projects.
• Briefs supervisor on short and long-range plan to maintain facilities and equipment.
• Estimates project costs and orders materials for planned and scheduled maintenance assignments.
• Prioritizes work orders.
• Performs carpentry work; alters and repairs doors, windows, walls, flooring, partitions, stairways, and other fixtures; maintains and repairs roofing and guttering systems.
• Installs, replaces, alters, maintains and repairs various plumbing systems and fixtures.
• Maintains and repairs light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; maintains generators and motors; makes electrical repairs not requiring a license.
• Maintains and makes minor repairs to various types of heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment.
• Operates equipment, power tools, and hand tools.
• Performs supervisory and administrative duties such as: time and attendance tracking, employee performance evaluations, employee counseling, accident reporting/investigations, state purchase card, and other associated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
Five (5) years of experience in a skilled building trade; or maintenance work involving the construction, maintenance, alteration and/or repair of buildings, grounds and utilities; including two (2) years of supervising employees, inmates, or contractors in one of the fields listed above; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one (1) year of college or technical school training in the building or construction trades for each year of the required non-supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of facilities and grounds management; ability to plan and direct the work of other professionals and to manage rehab and minor construction projects; ability to maintain effective working relationships with professional colleagues, employees and contractors; ability to monitor expenditure accounts; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; Computer literacy is required (e.g. Pride Web, Word, Outlook and Excel).
Licenses/Certificates required: none
• Able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds.
• Able to stand for long periods of time.
• Able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• T1 security clearance (eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• FLSA Exempt status
• Considered essential personnel (work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
Notes: This position is located at AFRC Mustang.
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
This position requires travel in and out of state with overnight stays. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.