Lake Texoma State Park in Kingston, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||1/12/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,594 annually, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In the email please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until January 26, 2021 at 5PM
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support for Lake Texoma State Park in Kingston, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $32,594.
Under general supervision, performs responsible administrative support duties of a varied nature requiring some independent judgement.
EXAMPLES OF WORKED PERFORMED:
• Serves as technical administrative and office manager; composes and prepares correspondence, technical reports and other documents.
• Gathers, assembles, and summarizes information and data for administrative consideration.
• Processes forms and paperwork for various department programs.
• Answers the telephone or makes follow up calls as needed; gives the public information regarding the state park.
• Prepares and processes personnel transaction forms and assists manager with employee’s leave requests and employee schedules.
• Maintains program databases and spreadsheets.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and grammar; of basic arithmetic; and of elementary office procedure and practice.
• Excellent phone skills, writing skills, and computer skills (Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
• Well-organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma and two (2) years of experience in secretarial/administrative support; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.