The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Server Support Specialist . This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving work in the installation, configuration and maintenance of operating system software, hardware, and other vendor supplied software dealing with system security, storage management (including backup, archival and recovery), and session management for various types of servers. This includes analysis, maintenance, and operation of the server operating systems hardware and supported server applications. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in server principles, server hardware, server operating systems, server application security, project management methodology, client server environment, and networking principles. This individual will ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user trust, satisfaction and confidence. A complete understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, and access is required.
• Install hardware and peripherals as needed
• Install, configure, and update server security components
• Administer security access policies and controls for computerized data and resources
• Process and store parameters and controls used to provide data security and access permissions
• Monitor security logs, provide procedural safeguards and prepare reports pertaining to access, utilization, violations and intrusion
• Conduct research for server hardware and software upgrades, enhancements, and migrations
• Implement approved change requests from users to meet all user requirements and schedules
• Research and stay current on the latest server technologies
• Monitor system usage and identify areas for expansion or reconfiguration
• Develop technical documentation and materials including diagrams, models, manuals, and procedures
• Train and cross-train across functional disciplines in order to maintain support levels and coverage within the unit
• Install, configure, and maintain operating system software, installing new releases, applying patches or fixes, testing and implementing into production environment
• Research, install, configure, and maintain, test and coordinate implementing operating system software and other vendor supplied software updates, upgrades and fixes
• Install, configure, and maintain storage management, backup, archival and recovery components in a networked server environment
• Troubleshoot, isolate, and replace operating system and server components.
• Maintain systems at 99% uptime and reliability
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.