|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||1/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,600, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until January 21, 2021 at 5PM.
Equipment Operator III
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking an unclassified Equipment Operator III. This position will travel statewide with a maintenance crew. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $41,600..
Under general supervision, performs work of a skilled nature in the operation of trucks and light equipment. This position performs skilled work in the operation of a variety of equipment such as trucks, buses, tractors, forklifts, mowers and edger’s and other light equipment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Drives trucks and buses to transport materials, trash, merchandise, equipment and/or employees; may load and unload truck assisted by others; makes minor mechanical repairs and keeps the truck clean and in good working order; lubricates the moving parts or wearing surfaces of mechanical equipment.
• Drives a wheeled tractor, pulling rollers or sweeper brooms; drives tractor power mowers; operates compressor equipment driving jackhammers; operates tail grader; operates pneumatic demolition hammer.
• Operate dozer, backhoe, and other related equipment.
• Supervises and participates in the servicing, upkeep and repair of equipment operated; moves equipment from one job to another.
• Acts as relief operator on loaders.
• Maintains records of pickups and deliveries.
• Operates a fork lift when receiving, shipping or moving merchandise.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of light power equipment.
• Skill in operating equipment; and in following oral and written instructions.
• Ability to supervise the work of others; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Three years of experience in operating and maintaining power equipment used in maintenance, construction or transportation. OR
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
This position will require possession of a valid Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B with appropriate endorsements referenced in United State Department of Transportation Title 47, Chapter 6, Section 101 et seq., at the time of appointment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.