|Department||Workers Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||1/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting Salary will be commensurate with experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Application Instructions: The Worker’s Compensation Commission (WCC) has an immediate opening for a full-time, qualified Compliance Director. This position will office at 1915 North Stiles Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73105. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Education and Experience: Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Supervisory Responsibilities: Physical Demands: Work Environment:
Go to: https://www.ok.gov/wcc/About_the_Commission/Employment/index.html
Completed and signed applications may be emailed with an attached resume to:
Alternatively, documents may be mailed to:
Workers’ Compensation Commission
1915 N. Stiles Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
All applicants must agree in writing to submit to a background investigation.
• Implements and manages projects relating to divisional goals as assigned; ensures continuity and consistency of effort, develops and reviews measures for goals assessment and direction.
• Continuously develops an effective team.
• Develops and maintains a complete understanding of all compliance related operations and processes, and how this Division’s processes interact with all other Commission Divisions.
• Gathers and disseminates accurate, timely information regarding challenges, opportunities and trends, both upstream and downstream, internal and external.
• Continuously identifies and implements improvements to efficiency and effectiveness.
• Conducts legal research and advises Division on matters related to investigations and compliance enforcement.
• Represents the Division when meeting with other Divisions. Attends enforcement hearings and assists the assigned Assistant Attorney General.
• Ensures appropriate communication with attorneys and employers regarding investigations, hearings, and penalties related to compliance enforcement.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with variety of public officials, business owners and community leaders, other state agencies, national organizations/associations and other states.
• Works with the Commission’s Chief Financial Officer to monitor division’s fiscal affairs.
• Implements public information regarding Division services and legal requirements pertaining to employment, independent contractors, workers’ compensation coverage, application and enforcement to employers, employees and interested groups.
• Trains co-workers regarding duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple personnel.
• Licensed Oklahoma Attorney, AND;
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, law, paralegal or related areas and four years of qualifying experience including two years of supervisory experience, OR;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of practical work for each year of the required education.
• Must possess significant personnel management and development abilities.
• Must demonstrate ability to exercise sound judgement.
• Must be able to analyze situations and develop effective plans for solution.
• Knowledge of federal and state statutes and policies relating to wage and hour standards and workers’ compensation insurance coverage.
• Knowledge of payroll and business practices related to labor law.
• Handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively with management, subordinates, vendors, customers, and other employees.
• This position requires a highly organized and self-motivated individual, who possesses excellent attention to detail and can work independently.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and or priorities, and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Maintains standards for, and coaches, trains, disciplines, develops Division employees.
• Develops and identifies measurements for performance of Division.
• Sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate standard office equipment.
• Occasional to frequent lifting of items not to exceed 25 lbs.
• Work is primarily performed in a climate controlled, office environment.
• Periodically exposed to heat or cold visiting designated work sites.
• Occasional in-state travel is required via automobile which may require sitting/driving for extended periods.
The Worker’s Compensation Commission (WCC) has an immediate opening for a full-time, qualified Compliance Director. This position will office at 1915 North Stiles Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.