A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Account Manager . This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
An Account Manager is an entrepreneurial spirit who can build and grow the business. The role works effectively with both internal and external partners to manage complete delivery of services to supported State Agencies. The position serves as a customer advocate who places emphasis on the client’s experience and customer service. An Account Manager is proficient in modern technologies and keeps up with trends in industry. Utilizing this knowledge, they work closely with assigned agencies to align Agency needs with Statewide solutions. When such solutions are not available, they work to bring awareness to the needs in an effort to bring modern solutions to the State of Oklahoma.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key agency leaders, decision makers and stake holders.
• Provide technological guidance and intake feedback on services and complaints within an agency.
• Consult with agency administration, department managers, and agency representatives to exchange information, present new approaches, discuss equipment and system changes and assist with developing agency IT budget.
• Propose hardware and software solutions to accomplish the agencies’ business objectives and IT needs.
• Research and maintain an awareness of industry trends for IT, business, and other relevant areas in order to make application to agencies for modernization and innovation.
• Develop and present MSA’s in addition to creating SOWs and Workorders for additional services and projects.
• Respond to complaints and identify appropriate service teams to solve the issues to the customers satisfaction while maintaining the company's reputation.
• Connect agency leadership with service team leaders to plan new initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit in the technology roadmap and priorities.
• Handles the intake of complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff by facilitating a warm handoff to the appropriate team.
• Work with key customer contacts and internal leadership to develop strategies to increase consumption and value of all services.
• Monitor product strategies and business environment to maintain cohesive solution design
• Participate in strategy discussions and share knowledge of systems and processes
• Participate in periodic conference calls with key account contacts to track progress and uncover opportunities
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Business, or Information Technology with a fundamental knowledge of commercial infrastructure, application development, networking, databases and enterprise architecture OR five (5) years of experience in the business function, three (3) of those years being experience in facilitating the development and implementation of IT initiatives and projects.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Proficient communication and presentation skills
• Great organization and time management skills
• Ability to listen, build rapport and credibility with leadership and organization vision
• Identifies technological changes that will positively impact the organization
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.