A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Server Team Supervisor. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving the management and direction of information systems, systems maintenance, computer operations, security procedure implementation, project and program management and similar information technology functions within an information division or comparable function. The position may have direct responsibility for the direction of an information technology program, including direction of staff activities and development of information services and operations. The position may also assist in the direction of a large management information system, with responsibilities related to the installation, configuration and maintenance of operating system software and other vendor supplied software dealing with system security, session management, and print management for various types of servers. This includes analysis, maintenance, and operation of the server Operating Systems and supported server applications.
• Plans, organizes, and directs all operations and activities of management information services program as the administrative head of a major information services program or function; meets all information technology requirements of the state through the development of appropriate operating and applications systems.
• Establishes priorities for systems development and information technology projects in accordance with agency or departmental requirements; develops plans for future utilization of information technology services in the overall state program; makes recommendations concerning the selection and purchase of equipment, vendor products or services.
• Provides for coordination of activities within the management information services division and with user divisions within the agency or other user agencies; participates in the development of the agency budget work program with primary responsibility for funds to be allocated for information technology requirements.
• Evaluates systems and staff performance; projects needs for upgrading hardware or software used by the state; directs staff activities in reviewing and maintaining the systems, programs and the development or enhancement of various applications programs.
• Other assigned duties.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Six years of experience in an information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of non-supervisory experience required.
Preferred Certification and Experience
• At least 5 years experience in a server support leadership position
• Strong understanding of server related best practices, policies, procedures and implementation experience.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems, PowerShell, VMware, Kubernetes, Dell EMC, Avamar and other backup solutions.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.