|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/4/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/4/2021 12:03:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $74,000, based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Payroll Manager providing support to Financial Services. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34003737) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $74,000, based on education and experience.
This position serves as the Payroll Manager for the agency. Through coordination efforts with Human Resources and Finance offices, this position assists in the overall direction of the fiscal operations and accounting activities which include agency payroll, time reporting, and leave balances.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Oversee the Payroll Department ensuring agency employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis.
• Ensure payroll and leave transactions are in compliance by interpreting State Statutes, the Oklahoma Personnel Act, Merit Rules, and agency policy/procedures.
• Supervise the payroll staff by setting goals, assigning work, and evaluating performance.
• Serve as a resource for inquiries regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• Audit Human Resources data to certify transactions are following State Statutes, the Oklahoma Personnel Act, Merit Rules, and agency policy/procedures.
• Prepare management information reports from PeopleSoft HCM to compile and report human resource related information.
• Manage time records and leave balances for agency staff.
• Ensure accounting systems and processes are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge and support of mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or public administration and one year of professional experience in business management, accounting, or procurement or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
• Knowledge of business and public administration;
• Knowledge of personnel management practices, managerial functions and techniques, and of the principles and techniques of supervision;
• Ability to maintain and report financial data;
• Ability to direct and supervise the work of others;
• Ability to communicate effectively and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.