|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||12/23/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $21.15/hour, based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a Temporary Licensed Practical Nurse II position providing support and traveling to the Craig, Delaware, Mayes, Ottawa, Rogers, Wagoner, and Washington County Health Departments. This is a temporary unclassified position in state government. Duty station will be determined upon hire. The hourly salary for this position is up to $21.15 based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are responsible for performing a full range of nursing assignments as a Licensed Practical Nurse and perform nursing task at the full performance level in providing care to patients or clients. Responsibilities will include providing guidance and training to others in completing routine nursing task and activities. In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Administer COVID-19 specimen collection to members of the community.
• Support the overall COVID-19 testing process..
• Enter data into system for lab specimen.
• Will work under the direct supervision and delegation of a Registered Nurse.
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills and licensure.
• Provide contraceptive education and pregnancy testing.
• Performing WIC assessments on women, infant and children who are eligible.
• Obtaining height and weight checks, hemoglobin testing, and lead testing.
• Educate parents on feeding habits for newborn babies and children to five years of age.
• Educate pregnant women and moms on breastfeeding.
• Issues breast pumps and instruct on how to use the pump and storage/handling of breast milk.
• Educate on the proper storage, mixing and handling of formula.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles.
• Assess immunizations records and give required immunizations to infant, children and adults.
• Provide patient education on vaccines and possible side effects.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
• Head checks for lice on children and adults.
• Provide education for lice treatment and prevention.
• Community outreach involves going to various sites, events and functions 1-2 times per year in the community to provide services and education on the services provided by the county health department for the community.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of practical nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Demonstrated ability to provide nursing care to patients or clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time. Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles). A valid driver’s license is required. Work related travel required. Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|