|Department||Dept. of Emergency Management & Homeland Security|
|Date Opened||12/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||up to $50,000.00.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application along with any required professional licenses and education information.
The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (ODEMHS) prepares for, responds to, recovers from, and mitigates against disasters and emergencies. The department maintains the State Emergency Operations Center which serves as a command center for reporting emergencies and coordinating state response activities.
ODEMHS is seeking a full time Hazard Mitigation Grants Specialist providing support to the Recovery Division. This is an unclassified grant funded position in state government located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and continued employment is based on availability of grant funding. ODEMHS offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $50,000.00.
Under the direction of the State Hazard Mitigation Officer, this position will assist in the administration of the Hazard Mitigation Assistance Program for the State of Oklahoma.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews hazard mitigation assistance applications for eligibility and completeness
• Reviews applicants’ quarterly progress reports, monitors and evaluates project accomplishment and adherence to work schedule for the respective grants
• Serves as liaison and primary hazard mitigation support for local Emergency Management Agency representatives in designated areas
• Monitors the progress of respective hazard mitigation grant projects, inspects completed projects, and verifies and recommends award payments
• Maintains necessary financial documentation to support funds distributed to Sub-recipient(s)
• Monitors project status by quarterly reports, daily telephone contact and conducting on-site visits for the respective grants
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of grant programs and grants management
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
• Knowledge of financial management practices
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to grant recipients and stakeholders
• Ability to use judgement to analyze problems and work independently with minimum supervision
Preference given to candidates with an accounting degree, knowledge of grant administration, and experience working with government entities.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Any qualified applicant with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits his/her ability to participate in the application process and desires a reasonable accommodation, must notify Kimberly Hill, ADA Coordinator, at Kimberly.Hill@oem.ok.gov of the need for an accommodation, identify the impairment, and identify the requested accommodation.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field or a combination of education and experience; substituting one year of experience for each year of required education, and specialized experience for this position includes:
• Analyzing complex issues related to Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA); and
• Developing new Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) program tools and guidance.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|