A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
There are multiple vacancies.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Senior Workstation Engineer. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is to $65,000 based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to maintain system security and integrity through patch management and application updates on both physical and virtual workstations across the enterprise.
• Plans, designs, installs, and maintains various enterprise applications, operating systems and related services, in the support of agency operations; may be assigned overall responsibility for all systems in an assigned district or geographical area.
• Performs professional and technical work in providing service and other communications for state agencies.
• Establishes and maintains computer services and systems by performing preventive maintenance, evaluating systems performance, responding to malfunctions and operating problems, and identifying and resolving causes.
• Confers with users to identify communications or computer support requirements.
• Coordinates with vendors, contractors, and/or in-house technical staff to plan, design and implement new applications, modifications or improvements as needed.
• Installs, tests, and modifies computers, software, operating systems, and other components.
• Coordinates and performs systems tests.
• Adjusts and modifies equipment or components to conform to specifications, implement engineering or software changes or enhance systems performance.
• Supports and ensures compliance with established Enterprise Change Management processes.
• Develops information technology strategies, recommendations and plans for the procurement of new technologies or equipment that can manage and maintain, system security / integrity through patch management and application updates.
• Supports and ensures compliance with Enterprise Change Management processes by identifying changes, submitting changes for approval in Cherwell, assessing and documenting risks, and formulating a back out and recovery plan.
• Captures changes in Cherwell by documenting, tracking and closing out tickets with clear documentation of the results.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to work with computer equipment. The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Lifting above the head is occasionally required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Five years of experience in enterprise software systems or computer installation, maintenance, repair or operations or eighteen semester hours of college in Computer Science or Management Information Systems course work; completion of a technical school; vendor training in computer operations, electronics or a closely related field; certifications or a combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.