|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $17.00 an hour based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a part-time Administrative Technician III (Temporary) providing support to Creek Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34000941) in state government, located in Sapulpa, OK. The hourly salary for this position is up to $17.00 an hour based on education and experience
This position has preferred qualifications:
Bilingual Speaker in English and Spanish, ability to communicate verbally and in writing with English/Spanish speaking respondents.
• This position will provide English/Spanish interpreter and interpretation services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) clients within the Creek County Health Department with LEP clients.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Support OSDH in Title VI mandated requirements to provide Limited English Proficient (LEP) clients/patients/customers access to public health resources.
• Facilitates access to services for LEP clients through the utilization of medical terminology to interpret documents, correspondence, forms, questionnaires (both written and verbal), pamphlets and other materials from English to Spanish.
• Interpret for clients/staff in order to communicate public health information and/or personal medical/health information. Interprets either in person or via the telephone.
• Contributes to the organizations overall strategic efforts in the elimination of health disparities through the development of partnerships in minority populations.
• Be a resource for LEP clients by recognizing indications of problems, gathering information, analyzing situations, reaching conclusions, working with others, and initiating appropriate action.
• This position provides clerical support and is responsible for closing client records. Serves as frontline to customer services to patients in this large county. Responsible for printing WIC vouchers, answering phones, entering BCD's, accepting payments, PAR entry and record disposition.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
• Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
• Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
• Maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies used in office or shop operations; receives or delivers materials and equipment.
• Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides translation or other assistance to clients as required.
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior. Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Experience translating and/or interpreting English to Spanish and Spanish to English. Education and experience requirements at this level consist of two years of clerical office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of office methods and procedures; and of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics. Skill is required to operate office machines including computers/PCs. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to translate from Spanish to English for several programs including Family Planning, Women, Infant and Children, General Clinic and Children First programs. To independently follow established protocols, encourage respondents to prove and clarify if needed and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Plus knowledge of preparing and interpreting charts and graphs; of basic bookkeeping procedures; of mathematics; of inventory techniques; of telephone procedures; and of standard business communications. Ability is required to establish and maintain filing systems and to prepare documents. Plus knowledge of current office technologies; and ability to prepare documents, reports, and files for dissemination to external sources.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office and exam offices. Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|