|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||10/7/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2021 2:44:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $72,000.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Planning Coordinator providing support to Craig, Delaware, Mayes, Ottawa, Rogers, Wagoner, and Washington County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34003594) in state government, located in Northeast Oklahoma.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $72,000.00, based on education and experience.
This position will serve Craig, Delaware, Mayes, Ottawa, Rogers, Wagoner, and Washington. Responsible for strategic performance initiatives related to local and statewide priorities. Assigned responsibilities involve planning of complex initiatives, developing and coordinating community health improvement plans, systems and policy actions for the local health district. This position will interact with local health department leadership as well as community and county key stakeholders, from both the public and private sectors in Oklahoma. This position ensures the development of local strategic plans and goals that align with agency strategic plans and statewide goals. The overall mission of such plans, goals, and projects/programs is to improve population at the local level.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic plan for the local health district.
• Develops goals, objectives, and outcomes for performance management policies, practices, and systems.
• Coordinates the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of district wide health improvement plans, systems, and initiatives. Participates in efforts to identify tools and strategies aimed at improving health outcomes.
• Identifies and communicates needed areas of change and alternative solutions as necessary to advance the strategic performance initiatives related to health district priorities. Leads and develops teams as needed.
• Advises and assists leadership in identifying priorities, establishing goals, objectives, and outcomes, and providing feedback to guide decision-making and resource allocation.
• Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert concerning the strategic planning and performance management.
• Coordinates and participates in data gathering and analysis for the purposes of health improvement.
• Ensures alignment of initiatives with state and federal entities as necessary.
• Interacts with and provides technical assistance to internal customers (such as state and county health department leadership and staff) as well as external stakeholders from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors in Oklahoma.
• Facilitates meeting and reporting schedules for the development, implementation, and evaluation of health improvement plans, systems, and initiatives.
• Develops and sustains strategic partnerships to leverage resources.
Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior. Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in any of the following fields: public administration, public health, business, social work, finance; OR a closely related field and at least three years of professional experience in public health, strategic planning, performance management, public policy, management of complex projects for public, private, or nonprofit organizations, and state and federal policies and regulations.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, performance management, policy development, stakeholder engagement, and public health. Ability to think critically is required. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define planning-related needs and problems and to formulate appropriate recommendations; to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to prepare and review complex planning reports; to interpret laws, rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others is required. Must have experience preparing, submitting and managing grant proposals to foundation or government sources. Knowledge of cultural competency skills to incorporate strategies for interacting with people from diverse backgrounds.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.