|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||9/25/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,600+ annually (plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays)|
|Full or Part Time||
Interested applicants please submit your resume and reference 2021-30 GMH, Nursing Coordinator II, 2577 to:
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
Nursing Coordinator II
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is recruiting for one Nursing Coordinator II, who will supervise the 2:30pm-11:00pm shift.
Job Type/Salary: Full-time Unclassified / Salary is $62,600+ annually (plus shift differentials when working evenings, nights and holidays).
Griffin Memorial Hospital is a 120-bed, inpatient-psychiatric facility. This position has responsibility for assisting in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the psychiatric nursing needs of the consumers served. The Nursing Coordinator II has 24-hour, seven days/week responsibility for a specific component of the nursing department. Supervises Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Consumer Recovery Specialists, and Patient Care Assistants to ensure coverage and quality, consumer care.
• Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license to practice Registered Nursing as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. A Master’s Degree and three (3) years of professional nursing experience, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR
• Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of professional nursing experience, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; OR
• Five (5) years of professional nursing experience, one which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or supervisor capacity.
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
Our benefits include:
• A wide choice of health insurance plans coverage for pre-existing conditions.
• Generous benefit allowance to offset insurance costs
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care.
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, longevity bonuses and incentive awards.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.