|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $54,262.00 based on education & experience determining the level for which you qualify.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
THIS POSITION MAY BE FILLED AT A LEVEL I or II.
OSDH is seeking a full time Speech Language Pathologist providing support to the Sooner Start Early Intervention program serving the Cleveland County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN 34002381) in state government, located in Norman, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to The annual salary for this position is up to $54,262.00 based on education and experience determining the level for which you qualify.
Responsible for providing patients with diagnostic and therapeutic services in the areas of speech and language.
Essential Job Functions:
• Diagnoses communication disorders of speech and language.
• Prepares treatment plans and makes recommendations for individual cases.
• Conducts group and individual speech and/or language treatment as appropriate.
• Performs hearing screenings and makes appropriate referrals.
• Prepares and maintains progress reports, records, and evaluations on individual and group cases as required.
• Participates as a member of a diagnostic and treatment team for individual and group cases.
• Maintains confidential records of client services in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Directs and/or trains clinical personnel and staff in identifying and treating communication disorders.
• Confers with professional and/or community groups on topics regarding communication disorders.
• Implements and develops prevention programs that are specific to speech/language/communication issues.
• Performs additional duties as dictated and assigned.
Hiring selection and compensation are dependent upon the Level at which the applicant qualifies.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree in speech pathology, including academic and practicum requirements for certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Master’s degree in speech pathology and Certification as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Travel is required with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|