|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||The hourly rate for this position is $16.00.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
The OSDH in conjunction with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority – OMMA is seeking multiple Call Center Specialists for our patient services Division. This is temporary unclassified position in state government. The hourly rate for this position is $16.00.
The Call Center Specialist assists the patient services division of Oklahoma Medial Marijuana Authority (OMMA) by providing customer service support to customers of the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Receives customer telephone questions and complaints in a professional manner.
• Completes research and resolves documentation errors or discrepancies. Forwards more complex problems when needed.
• Provides general information to customers on OMMA policies, and procedures.
• Provides basic information to customers regarding applications.
• Prints and scans documents.
• Assists various routine administrative tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Qualified applicants will possess one year of experience in customer service working with the general public. Preferred applicants will possess a college degree and/or one year of experience working in a call center environment.
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Deep Knowledge of OMMA policies and processes.
• Attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to use a personal computer and related software applications including Microsoft Word or Excel.
• Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
• Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
• Understand the speech of another person.
• Positive attitude.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Answer the phone for long periods of time.
• Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Repeat the same movements.
• Able to lift, pull and push 15 pounds occasionally.
REQUIREMENTS: a-The individual has a direct or indirect interest in a licensed medical marijuana business; or b-The individual or his or her spouse, parent, child, spouse of a child, sibling, or spouse of a sibling has an application for a medical marijuana business license pending before the Department or is a member of the board of directors of a medical marijuana business, or is an individual financially interested in any licensee or medical marijuana business. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The OSDH in conjunction with Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority - OMMA shall not employ an individual if any of the following circumstances exist:
a-The individual has a direct or indirect interest in a licensed medical marijuana business; or
b-The individual or his or her spouse, parent, child, spouse of a child, sibling, or spouse of a sibling has an application for a medical marijuana business license pending before the Department or is a member of the board of directors of a medical marijuana business, or is an individual financially interested in any licensee or medical marijuana business.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.