|Department||Commissioners of the Land Office|
|Date Opened||9/21/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2020 4:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,000 - $60,000 (annually)|
|Full or Part Time||
To be considered, submit a cover letter, resume, and CLO Application (found at: https://clo.ok.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CLO-Employment-Application.pdf to:
Address applications to:
Erin Morgan, Internal Audit
Commissioners of the Land Office
204 N. Robinson, Suite 900
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
To be considered for this position, we must receive your documents by 4:45pm on October 12, 2020
This position is in the Administration Division.
Job Title: Internal Auditor (unclassified)
Annual Salary Range: $45,000 - $60,000 (annually)
The Secretary for the Commissioners of the Land Office (“CLO”) seeks applicants for the position of Internal Auditor in the Administration Division.
The successful candidate must possess:
1) a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field with one (1) to three (3) years of professional level experience in accounting or auditing.
2) an understanding of and familiarity with internal control structures and concepts (IPPF and COSO) as well as auditing theories and techniques.
3) the ability to utilize analytical methods to see potential anomalies in data or potential areas for process improvement.
4) an aptitude to evaluate controls for effectiveness and test to determine whether or not controls are functioning as intended.
Furthermore, the chosen candidate must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; strong initiative to solve problems; ability to deal with and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; strong organizational skills, thoroughness and attention to detail, as evidenced through prior experience; ability to set priorities and organize time efficiently; ability to handle multiple demands.
Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; of office management and practices, and public relations; analysis and use of technical data; computer skills in database (working knowledge or familiarity with IDEA or ACL audit software), spreadsheet (working knowledge of Microsoft Excel), writing applications, and electronic communication; phone communication; coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Commissioners of the Land Office (Land Office) is an Oklahoma State Agency created by the original Oklahoma Constitution. The Land Office administers the school land trust funds for the production of income for the support and maintenance of the common schools and the schools of higher education. The Land Office is in charge funds and proceeds derived from the sale, rental, disposal and management of school lands and other public lands under the rules and regulations prescribed by the Oklahoma legislature.
This position performs audits, investigations and consulting engagements. Duties include participation in all phases of engagements, including planning, fieldwork, review, communication and reporting. Responsible for multiple engagements at one time, including drafting, editing and finalizing written reports. Work is performed under general supervision with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions
The following represents the essential functions of this position. Additional duties may also be assigned and be essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Plan, develop and execute audit procedures with a primary focus on internal control review, regulatory audits and operational activities.
• Conduct internal audits involving the review, evaluation and reporting to management. This includes participating and reviewing the risk assessments of business processes for key risks and controls.
• Develop specific audit plans, programs and procedures for review within the Internal Audit Division.
• Execute effective and efficient audit coverage within accepted auditing standards, budgeted hours and established deadlines.
• Perform detailed test of controls for business processes.
• Prepare and report audit issues and recommendations for management and effectively communicate these issues both orally and in written reports.
• Conduct follow-up procedures to monitor timely implementation of managements corrective action plans.
• Provide input in the development of the annual Internal Audit Plan, ensuring adequate audit coverage of key business risks, core processes, and strategic initiatives.
• Keep abreast of current developments in auditing, accounting, information technology, security and fraud detection concepts and emerging issues.
• May be assigned other duties within the Internal Audit Division.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The CLO is an equal employment opportunity employer. All individuals are welcome to see employment regardless of race, sex, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to do the work for which employed. The position offered is 'at will' or unclassified employment.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.