|Department||Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control|
|Date Opened||9/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$3,750.00 - $4,666.66/month|
|Full or Part Time||
Please submit to OBN Human Resources as soon as possible:
• Professional cover letter identifying title of the position, announcement number and daytime contact information including email address
• Please contact HR if you need further detail. 405-530-3145.
419 N.E. 38th Terrace
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Phones: 405-521-2885 / 405-530-3145
Application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Work Location: OKC Headquarters
A selected classified applicant must sign a letter of understanding that they are resigning the classified service to accept the position in the unclassified service.
Non-OBN applicants must pass a background investigation, drug screen and polygraph examination.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving management of the logistics and repair of automobile, truck, trailers, heavy equipment, or other engines or motors and related responsibilities of forfeited vehicles.
The functions within this job role will vary but will include the following:
• Performs minor preventative maintenance service on state vehicles and equipment; manages repairs for fleet vehicles such as: engine repairs, tire changes and oil changes.
• Coordinates necessary law enforcement customizations such as light and radio installs and removals, as well as windshield repair or tinting as needed.
• Inspect and test undercover pool vehicles for safety and proper working order. Assists with annual inspections of assigned fleet vehicles.
• Complete paperwork and write specifications; maintain vehicle inventory; order parts and supplies to maintain an inventory of items needed such as safes and bed covers for vehicles.
• Coordinates new vehicle purchases with the Fiscal department and submits forms required by state Fleet Management.
• Plans and facilitates Comdata needs such as ordering of new cards, replacement cards and all Comdata tracking requirements for the fleet.
• Prepares court orders for legal on property seized by OBN during criminal investigations.
• Performs necessary research investigation, analysis, and reporting for the equipment fleet; makes recommendations for purchase, replacement, or surplus reassignment of equipment; writes preliminary specifications for equipment.
• Handles Risk management claims for vehicle accidents.
• Manages monthly vehicle needs such as administration of tax and titles for each vehicle, tracking and purchasing Pike Pass decals, maintaining custody of vehicle keys and completing monthly fuel reports.
• Occasionally may report to work outside of normal working hours for emergency operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required include knowledge of the mechanical principles of vehicles and trailers; of tools and equipment used in making repairs to vehicles and trailers; of the occupational hazards & safety precautions of the mechanical trade; and of the use of oil and other lubricants; Ability is required to perform preventive maintenance; to have the ability to write technically for records, to maintain and create spread sheets, to perform standard parts inventory procedures and to work closely with other departments for finance and legal objectives.
Education and Experience
Requirements are a minimum of 3 year of experience in logistical vehicle management to include ordering repairs, equipment and maintaining service records. Experience with Oklahoma statutes regarding fleet management, vehicle taxes and surplus disposal is required.
• Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at the time of appointment.
• As a safety sensitive position, the incumbent must be able to pass a thorough background investigation and drug screen. The employee will also be subject to random drug screens.
• The physical ability to occasionally lift/carry 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 50 pounds.
• The physical ability to work in outdoor areas and be subject to heat and cold while performing some duties of the job.
• The ability to see and hear to proficiently drive, back-up or inspect vehicles.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.