|Date Opened||9/14/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
MV Title Consultant
The Motor Vehicle (MV) Titles Section plays an essential role within the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC). We are responsible for reviewing documents submitted to the agency by vehicle dealers, lien holders, motor license agents, and other entities. We issue, cancel, and make changes to titles for all motor vehicles and other transactions.
This is the basic level of the job family where employees, in a training capacity, assist in the review of documents submitted and then issue appropriate title documents. Emphasis is placed on learning and practicing, under close supervision, the skills necessary to perform at the full performance level. Time will be spent in studying and becoming knowledgeable on tax laws relating to motor vehicles, boats and motors and in researching records to locate documents pertinent to the issuance of clear titles.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
• Sort incoming mail for section;
• Prepare outgoing mail for section;
• Document and prepare paperwork to be processed;
• Review and audit documents and fees related to the issuance of a vehicle, boat, or motor title;
• Timely and professionally respond to written correspondence from taxpayers, Motor License Agents (MLAs), and other parties regarding payment and/or documentation for completion of title transaction;
• Calculate fees for transactions;
• Process assembled vehicles, body changes, and many other complex transactions;
• Process duplicate titles, add lien titles, release lien titles and/or reassignment of liens;
• Assist customers with lien processes;
• Answer incoming calls from taxpayers or Motor License Agents (MLAs);
• Assist MLAs, lienholders, and taxpayers concerning applicable Oklahoma statutes policies and procedures.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Office practices and procedures;
o Business math and accounting terminology and procedures, including maintenance of records.
• Ability to
o Read, comprehend and apply various rules and regulations;
o Inspect and verify records;
o Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration or a closely related field;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who are proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Telework may be required based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. If applicable, applicant must be willing and able to BOTH work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.