A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time State Use Program Lead. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000, based on education and experience.
In compliance with Title 74 § 3001 this position is “designated specifically to solicit, develop, and negotiate contracts with agencies and individuals.” The State Use Program, operated by Central Purchasing of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES), facilitates contracts between the State of Oklahoma and qualified not-for-profit agencies.
• Develops internal processes and procedures to implement contracts, sourcing and purchasing activities of new and existing statewide contracts for products and services consumed by State Agencies and political sub-divisions utilizing best strategic practices.
• Participates in studies of needs; advises on procurement processes and agency impact.
• Arrange and administer the State Use Committee meetings, represent agency at various meetings; serve on special committees, make recommendations to purchasing related issues, concerns, or topics when requested.
• Consults with agency personnel concerning purchasing policies and procedures; conducts public relations activities.
• Facilitates contract exception requests by researching fair market value to ensure pricing as well as agency needs.
• Manages state use contracts through the contract lifecycle to assure pricing and usage.
• Assists suppliers in pricing product and/ or services to assure they are in compliance with Fair Market Values.
• Conducts solicitations and distributes for bid or proposal and analyzes responses for products or services when more than one State Use supplier has been identified, ensuring all legal requirements of the process are met.
Required to be certified as a State of Oklahoma Procurement Officer or must attain certification within one year of employment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position may be eligible for telework with a large percentage of the work day spent on the computer and telephone. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline and at least 3 years of related experience; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience substituting additional qualifying experience for each year of the required bachelor’s degree.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.