|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||9/2/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $13.00 based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a temporary Housekeeping/Custodial Worker providing support to the Bryan Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34003360) in state government, located in Durant, OK. The hourly salary for this position is up to $13.00 based on education and experience
This is the entry level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Orders and distributes custodial supplies; maintains inventory.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Assists in training and continued education of lower level workers.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises all functions of a housekeeping department.
• Inspects quarters for maintenance of proper housekeeping standards.
• Supervises and maintains records of the distribution of furnishings.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
• Establishes housekeeping standards; assists with policy planning; prepares departmental budget request.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of six months experience in building or institutional custodial work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include ability is required to follow oral and written instructions. Knowledge of various cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work; of proper procedures for disposing of waste, including medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies; and of chemical product safety. Skill is required to operate custodial equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Some work will be required outdoors in all weather conditions. While performing the duties of the job, employee is frequently required to talk, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, stand or walk long periods of time, and use hands to handle, control, feel objects or tools. Occasionally lifting/carrying 80 pounds, 25 pounds frequently, able to push and pull a maximum force of 40 pounds and able to lift and hold overhead up to 40 pounds. Applicants be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.