|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/27/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/1/2020 2:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $33,280.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking two full time Patient Care Assistant III providing support to the Creek County Health Department. These are unclassified positions (PIN#34003785) in state government, located in Sapulpa, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $33,280.00 based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, and charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies. In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position is time-limited and will end on December 31, 2020.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Administer COVID-19 specimen collection to members of the community.
• Support the overall COVID-19 testing process.
• Work as a courier transporting specimen, supplies, and any other necessary items.
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
Education and Experience
Three (3) years’ experience in providing patient care.
Certified Medical Assistant is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Combination of office and exam offices. May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles). Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. A valid driver’s license is required. Use of N-95 respirator is required.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.