|Date Opened||8/13/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2020 07:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Salary: 37,589.04 annual|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Auditor II-Audit Services
Salary: 37,589.04 annual
This is the career level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibilities at the full performance level for completing or participating in a wide range of audit assignments. This may include independent responsibility for conducting audits of various functions or activities or serving as a member of an audit team in completing more complex audits. Duties performed will include planning, scheduling, and conducting audits, evaluating financial controls; identifying deficiencies, and preparing audit reports. There may also be some limited responsibilities assigned for training or providing limited supervision to less experienced auditors on an occasional basis.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Plans, schedules and conducts audits of businesses, agencies, schools, corporations, or others to determine compliance with laws and regulations, generally accepted accounting principles, financial accountability standards or other requirements;
• Conducts operational audits involving policies and procedures or management activities to insure compliance with laws, regulations and standards for financial accountability and internal controls;
• Reviews financial records and other business records; evaluates financial controls; identifies deficiencies; provides advice on requirements for compliance with existing laws, policies and standards;
• Prepares audit reports; makes recommendations concerning changes in policies or operating procedures;
• Performs special investigations as assigned;
• Monitors daily claims activity to identify any instances where contractual obligations were violated or where the facility under- or over-performed based on contract requirements;
• Use the existing auditing platforms to analyze claims and ensure that the proper amount of funds were applied to each claim;
• Work with Compliance Manager to ensure that each claim is being billed and administered in accordance with health insurance requirements and legal framework;
• Identify persistent claims error trends and report those trends immediately to management;
• Create service denial reports that ensure that all denials are being done within the guidelines provided.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Bookkeeping practices and standards.
o Generally accepted accounting principles and practices;
o Auditing theories and techniques; of public and business administration;
o Financial statements, ledgers, journals and reports;
o Analytical principles;
o Modern office methods and procedures, including computer technology related to accounting systems.
• Ability is required to
o Work independently with limited instruction/supervision;
o Review and analyze accounting records and business practices;
o Prepare audit reports and recommendations;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
o Communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated ability in completing or participating in various types of audits and completing required reports and to comprehend and carry out complex accounting, auditing and fiscal procedures;
• Skills in
o Strong computer skills;
o Exceptional attention to detail
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration, PLUS one (1) year of bookkeeping, auditing, accounting, or similar field;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who:
• Are proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel;
• CPA or CIA certification.
Applicant must be willing and able to perform all job related travel normally associated with this position.
This position may be eligible for telework based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. Applicant must be willing and able to work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.