|Date Opened||8/11/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2020 07:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Audit Manager: Audit Services
Salary: $56,893.56 annual
Positions within this job family are assigned responsibilities which involve serving as the unit manager of the section of Audit Supervisors of a multi-disciplinary team of staff members who are assigned to work within a specific audit unit; directs the operations of an audit section within a defined tax type.
• Establish and enhance the effectiveness of Tax Audit operational processes;
• Review staff assignments for appropriateness;
o Understand the qualifications of all staff members and ensure that human capital is appropriately distributed within the section;
• Prepare and plan for major projects or assignments and efficiently allocate resources for their completion;
• Plan and coordinate testing for all SQRs originating from within the section;
• Plan and coordinate new and existing Discovery Projects to optimize the allocation of work and to maximize revenue recovered in a fiscal year;
• Act as the representative for the section in all Business Analyst and Process Improvement meetings or initiatives;
• Delegate work to staff and assess their performance;
o Provide weekly informal feedback;
o Provide annual formal feedback with the Performance Management Plan (PMP);
• Monitor and review key financial and performance metrics on a monthly basis;
• Identify and mitigate tax compliance risks;
• Understand and monitor all statutes and statute changes pertinent to the section and existing audit processes for all tax years under audit;
• Manage and coordinate tax audits;
• Gather and categorize statistical data as required for process analysis and improvements.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Generally accepted accounting principles and practices;
o Auditing theories and techniques;
o Public and business administration;
o Financial statements, ledgers, journals and reports;
o Analytical principles;
o Modern office methods and procedures, including computer technology related to accounting systems.
• Ability is required to
o Review and analyze accounting records and business practices;
o Prepare audit reports and recommendations;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
o Communicate effectively; ability to supervise.
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.