|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/10/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/1/2020 12:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $55,028.60 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens.The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Registered Nurse II providing support to McCurtain County Health Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34003633) in state government, located in Idabel, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $55,028.60 based on education and experience.
Provide direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law. In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assess health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
• Evaluate and determine health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Deliver professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
• Educate individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provide supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborate with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegate tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assure quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Perform specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Education and Experience
Requirements consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience, or, a Bachelor's in Nursing and possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing or, Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to move to provide examinations 80% of the time.
• Combination of office, vehicle, and homes.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
• Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching. Exposed to inclement weather conditions while driving to and from office, homes and daycares. Work related travel required.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.