|Date Opened||7/29/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/13/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2322.42 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
How to Apply: On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Shaleen Varner at Shaleen.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK.
Food Service Worker
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
This position is responsible for the daily food preparation for cadets attending Thunderbird Youth Academy of three meals per day, seven days per week. This includes maintaining clean and sanitary work, preparation and serving areas.
• Under direct supervision, prepares foods, salads, and desserts; cooks or bakes as directed by the master menu
• Cleans and prepares foods using tools such as knives, slicers, and peelers and commercial equipment such as ovens and steamers
• Follows written orders including recipes and dietary instructions
• Operates dishwasher and buffers
• Removes refuse from kitchen area; sweeps, mops, and scrubs kitchen, dining and storage areas
• Labels, loads, and delivers food products; defrosts and cleans refrigeration units and other equipment as directed
• Responsible for preparing and serving meals to cadets and cadre using items for cooking and baking, cutting and preparing meat, poultry or fish
• Responsible for performing highly skilled work involving the operation of an institutional food service unit for up to 225 people per meal
• Make recommendations for future food needs, receive and store food and assist with serving food. Interprets recipes and follows modified diet plans
• Maintains necessary records and prepares required reports
• Attend staff meetings as required and attends training as scheduled
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability is required to carry out routine tasks to completion; to follow oral and written instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Education and Experience:
Minimum of six (6) months in a commercial or institutional food service operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid Oklahoma Driver’s license and ability to obtain a Food handler’s permit
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
• Able to bend, stoop, twist, reach overhead, stretch\
• Able to be on feet for extended periods of time
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement weather)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Shift work and working weekends (facility open 24 hours, 7 days a week)
• T1, child care check security clearance (eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
• Tobacco and Vape free facility
• Non-exempt FLSA status
Notes: This position is located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and national Agency.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.