Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||7/22/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,260/Annually plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to:
Resumes will be accepted until August 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Construction Technician to provide maintenance repairs at Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $34,260.
Under the supervision of the Park Manager performs skilled tasks related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Performs carpentry work in the construction or renovation of buildings or additions to existing structures; erects and maintains scaffolds, sheds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters and repairs doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens, and other fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs roofs.
• Installs, replaces, alters, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, traps, faucets; makes minor repairs to laundry equipment, sterilization equipment, kitchen equipment and other equipment using water, steam air, or other feed line and return or waste disposal lines.
• Maintains and repairs light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; maintains generators and motors; oils and cleans motors; troubleshoots and makes electrical repairs not requiring a license; maintains and makes minor repairs to various types of heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, such as components, pumps, fans, humidifiers, electric motors, and heat exchangers.
• Installs and maintains locks and other security devices; repairs or replaces tumblers, springs and other parts; cuts new or duplicate keys; uses files, hand tools and special equipment to change combinations or shorten tumblers.
• Constructs, maintains and repairs concrete and other foundations; builds retaining walls, walks, fireplaces, chimneys, stairways and similar projects; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder brick, concrete block, stone, terra cotta or other materials.
• Operates, maintains and repairs various types of equipment used in construction and maintenance of building and grounds, such as trucks, tractors, bulldozers, power shovels, cranes or semi-trailer tractors, fork lifts, mowers and edgers.
• Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, fixtures, tools and equipment used in various building and maintenance trades; of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• Skill is required to use various tools and equipment; to construct, maintain or repair various types of structures or equipment.
• Ability is required to follow written and oral instructions; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Four (4) years of experience in one or more of the building trades; OR an equivalent combination of education/training and experience in the building trades.
In order to operate state-owned vehicles in the performance of regularly assigned duties; successful applicant must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Some positions may require performing moderately heavy lifting or other manual tasks.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.