A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Executive Support Specialist. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $52,180 ased on education and experience.
This is a highly viable IT technology support position for top executives in our customer agencies. This position will provide world class Information Technology support with strong skills and knowledge in end user devices, software, AV, network, telecommunications and systems support.
• Provide technology support for executives, including c-level, at work and remote locations.
• Assist executives and VIPS with understanding IT policies and provide user friendly, simple, standard solutions complying with those guidelines.
• Works with other IT teams as necessary to achieve effective solutions.
• Recommend technology for all faucets of executive solutions.
• Energetic professional who is passionate about developing relationships and creating positive client experiences.
• The ability to connect clients with solutions quickly and efficiently is critical to the success of our organization.
• Build valuable relationships with agency executives.
• Leverage customer service skills to deliver personalized service and support.
• Document and communicate user challenges.
• Drive innovation by providing thoughtful feedback to service teams to improve services.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for executive level leadership in agencies.
• Educate customers about the features and benefits of products and services, acting as a consultant when necessary to make recommendations based on customer needs and interests.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written
• Ability to build positive rapport quickly with customers
• Ability to multitask without sacrificing work quality
• Passion for helping people
• Problem solving skills to navigate complicated issues
• Positive and optimistic personality.
• Must be able to travel as needed in support of Executive leadership needs
• Strong knowledge and support skills in all IT disciplines as this person may be the sole IT resource in some situations.
• Must be trustworthy of handling confidential and sensitive information with integrity.
24 credit hours in computer science or related field, or 4 years of IT technical support experience, troubleshooting, and job-related certifications.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.