|Date Opened||7/20/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$4,201.30 - $5,034.64 monthly|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Business Analyst II
Conducts organizational studies and evaluations, designs systems and procedures, conducts work simplification and measurement studies, and prepares operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Performs needs assessments on existing business process techniques, statistics; alternative delivery systems; information requirements analysis; design techniques, principles, tools and instruments. Monitors and reviews information to detect process defects.
• Analyzes needs and product requirements to create improved designs; secures ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information; troubleshooting; works with new information to grasp its implications.
• Instructs, coaches, and mentors others to develop objectives and strategies; to develop testing; procedures, to coordinate work efforts; to prepare project/work plans and monitor work progress and prepare project progress reports.
• Conducts information gathering; conveying user perspective to technical people in technical language; using logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches.
• Collecting and analyzing data for business operational improvements and opportunities.
• Leading projects and coordinating with other teams to produce favorable business outcomes.
• Testing business processes and recommending improvements.
• Modeling and verifying the confidentiality, integrity and assurance of business data.
• Ensuring consistency, reliability and quality of all standard reports.
• Defining and documenting business change requirements and streamlining business operational models.
• Building ad-hoc analyses based on requests from the business teams and developing subject matter expertise on assigned problem domains.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o the data processing hardware and software
o computer capabilities
o systems analysis and development
o coding and implementation
o project management and documentation
o effective communication
o Project Management Lifecycle and the Software Development Lifecycle.
o requirements gathering, data analysis, and process specification, validation and management practices.
• Ability to
o work independently and to coordinate a wide variety of activities
o communicate effectively both orally and in writing
o interpret and apply policies and procedures
o create functional and detailed designs for processes and workflow
o translate knowledge of programs into practical guidelines.
• Skill in gathering and analyzing data and in planning, coordinating and evaluating the activities of multiple work units
• Proficient analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Proficient in systems thinking
• Adept presentation and negotiation skills
• Proven management and organizational skills
• In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• bachelor’s degree, with a preference to STEM or other analytical fields, PLUS two (2) years of experience in Business Operations, Business Analysis or Project Management related positions.
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, only substituting one (1) additional year of qualified experience for each year of the required bachelor’s degree for a total of six (6) years.
Preference may be provided to applicants who have one or more of the following:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (PowerQuery, VBA)
• Knowledge of SQL and data warehousing concepts
• Experience with Tableau/Power BI, DAX, Python or R
• Knowledge of data visualization best practices
• Experience with problem spaces involving financial fraud
• Certifications such as PMI CAPM, CompTIA Project+ or Six Sigma Green Belt+
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.