|Department||District Attorneys Council|
|Date Opened||7/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$32,000 to $38,000 annually|
|Full or Part Time||
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY REQUIREMENT TO:
District Attorneys Council
Human Resources and Payroll Officer
421 NW 13th Street, Suite 290
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
SALARY RANGE: $32,000-$38,000
The Training Assistant position is responsible for clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of training and organizational development programs. This position assists with coordinating training and outreach efforts of the District Attorneys Council, including victim services, prosecution services, and domestic violence and sexual assault. This includes working with the Training Specialist, CCRT Specialist, and the Division Director to coordinate various workshops, classes or seminars for which the DAC is the primary sponsor, and assisting with the preparation of materials and event site set up and break down. This position also includes entering information into the event management database and managing other outreach responsibilities including designing, writing, and proofing publications, websites and social media accounts.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Responsible for assisting in the preparation and collection of training conference information and materials to be used in conducting and/or facilitating training, meetings or seminars.
• Responsible for applying for, collecting, and reporting Continuing Education information for all conference , and training attendees to the responsible statewide entity for proper accreditation within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of each conference or training event for which the DAC is the primary or secondary sponsor.
• Prepare minor requisitions for conferences and training events pursuant to Finance Division requirements.
• Update CVENT, (event management database) contact list, and demographic data on a monthly basis.
• Enter conference and event specific information into CVENT as requested.
• Produce reports on training statistics using CVENT.
• Responsible for updates to the District Attorneys Council website and Sharepoint sites.
• Assist in the design, and preparation of the tri-annual publication of “The Prosecutor” to be disseminated to prosecutors.
• Design, author, and distribute “The Lineup”, a monthly electronic publication to be disseminated to the District Attorney System.
• Design, author, and distribute the “Victims Services Training”, a monthly electronic newsletter to be disseminated to Victim Service Providers.
• Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining social media accounts (Facebook, and Twitter).
• Schedules training events, coordinates with instructors, obtains and distributes required instructional materials, and communicates schedules and details to the Training and Outreach Team.
• Assist with training and conference site set up, registration, and collecting signatures for continuing education credits.
• Coordinates additional services including technical equipment, meals and refreshments, housekeeping, maintenance or repairs at training sites.
• Processes registration, and answers routine inquiries regarding courses, schedules, and locations.
• Prepare travel claims for speakers, and attendees, as requested.
• Provide support for the Coordinated Community Response Specialist, Training and Outreach Specialist, and Director of Training and Outreach.
• Assist with answering the main telephone switchboard for the agency.
• Professional development as related to this position.
• Associate’s degree and/or one year of experience in administration or training, or completion of coursework in adult education or equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the Associate’s degree.
• Above average proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher are required without exception.
• Exceptional organizational skills, and self-motivated to include the ability to anticipate needs, and to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities in multiple areas.
• Knowledge of the procedures and techniques of business communications, spelling, punctuation, business English, modern office methods, computer operations, business arithmetic and public relations.
• Ability to manage web sites, and social media accounts, and experience using or possession of the wherewithal to manage the use of conference registration software is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with social media formatting, tagging, and key word development.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
This position requires overnight travel for training conferences.
Some strenuous activity such as lifting, pushing, and pulling are required in conjunction with this position.
The District Attorneys Council is the administrative state agency for Oklahoma’s 27 District Attorneys. The agency provides required training for personnel within and without the district attorney system, processes payroll and benefits, serves as legislative liaison, coordinates the state’s Drug Task Forces, coordinates with the Department of Human Services - Child Enforcement Division, administers various federal programs, and serves as home to the Oklahoma Crime Victims Compensation Board.
This is an unclassified state position with full state benefits.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.