|Date Opened||7/15/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2020 09:31:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
To Apply send resume by email to:
This position is open until filled.
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Consumer Assistance/Claims Division for a Claims Review Specialist II. The salary is $37,400. This position is open until filled.
Under limited supervision, analyze and investigate Property and Casualty consumer complaints and inquiries received by the Consumer Assistance/Claims Division of the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct interviews with walk-in claimants to gather information and answer questions in an effort to assist claimant with filing a request for assistance. Explain process and procedures of Consumer Assistance/Claims Division.
• Answer questions pertaining to the information submitted via website feedbacks.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the supervisor, including meetings, conferences, state of emergency issues, and outreach events and any necessary travel.
• Serve as intermediary for the inquirer and provide direct contact with the insurer.
• Plan, organize and implement a course of action for each consumer inquiry to provide the most efficient, prompt and effective response within the jurisdiction of the department. Maintain effective communication with the consumer throughout the process.
• Convey response to the consumer or explain and facilitate the understanding of a response that may not be desirable.
• Provide technical knowledge, expertise, detailed information and response to the public regarding various insurance questions and concerns.
• Responsible for answering phone calls from the public regarding insurance questions on policies, procedures, and statutes.
• Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Be knowledgeable of insurance laws, rules and policies.
• Possess skill in time management and decision-making.
• Initiate implement and complete required tasks to resolve all insurance questions, concerns or complaints.
• Exercise judgment in reviewing claim files; handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
• Maintain effective working relationships.
• Communicate effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Five years of experience in the insurance industry is required, and applicants who have obtained the CISR or CIC designation/certification are preferred.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. To see a complete list of benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the following link. http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.