The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Project Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, completion and closing of the defined projects ensuring consistency with the Agency's strategy, commitments and goals. OMES-IS IT Project Managers are expected to follow IT policies of the Agency and the State of Oklahoma Information Security Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, as well as policies on Confidentiality and Protection of Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Collect project requirements, define scope, create work breakdown structures, and verify and control scope of projects
• Define activities and sequence of activities, estimate resources and durations, and develop and monitor schedules
• Plan, monitor, and control project work, perform change control and close out activities
• Utilize project management tools for task tracking, reporting status, financial tracking, and resource utilization reporting
• Estimate costs, determine budgets, and control costs
• Develop plans for quality of product and project, perform quality assurance and quality control, and ensure product quality
• Develop a staffing plan, acquire, develop, and manage the project team
• Identify stakeholders, develop and implement the communication plan, distribute project information, manage stakeholder communications, and report performance of the project
• Develop the risk management plan, identify risks, perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, develop risk responses, and monitor and control the project risks
• Plan, conduct, and administer procurements for the project, utilizing state procurement staff and policies
• Project integration management, including developing project charters
• Ensure projects are completed according to agency specifications and are properly documented
• Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage
• Monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met
• Develop and manage work breakdown structures for projects
• Develop and update project plans for projects, including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
• Manage project execution to ensure adherence to schedule and scope
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders, business, and technical aspects of projects
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel
• Facilitate communication upward and across project teams, including project status, justifications for variances, and technical information
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Scrum Master Certification or equivalent
• Agile Certification or equivalent
• Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean Certifications
• Possesses a general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design, Master Data Management, Enterprise Data Lakes, and Data Pipelines.