|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/7/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/21/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
The Information Services (IS) Division of OMES is seeking a full-time Applications Developer in Oklahoma City, OK. This is an unclassified position in state government. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for planning and development of automated applications systems to support the business needs. This includes review and analysis of user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development and testing of appropriate programs or systems. This position works with users, management and others to identify and define long and short-range information systems requirements.
• Review and analyze organization’s business needs, confer with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions, and develop plans of approach, including project completion time estimates
• Perform all aspects of systems design, including writing required programs, testing time evaluation of new processes, and implementation of new applications
• Prepare program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
• Conduct or coordinate user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing, and make changes and corrections as needed
• Participate in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems, and provide training and support
• Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs
• Develop process/system design alternatives for major portions of systems under analysis
• Study feasibility of proposed software applications or system modifications by identifying potential requirements and system restrictions to guide project development
• Design output formats and user formats as dictated by user specification and established procedure to ensure ease of use and functionality
• Identify problems and develop appropriate solutions
• Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect other applications
• Produce deliverables related to the assigned projects, perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems and procedures to solve complex business problems
Preference may be given to applicants who possess the following:
• Linux/Open Source
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university; four years of computer applications experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to equal four years.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.