|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||7/6/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for the Disaster Recovery program for the IT organization, including Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity-related contingency planning. Partner with internal technical and functional business teams and IT vendors to manage the development, implementation and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery program to include planning, risk assessment, testing and ongoing process improvement.
• Perform Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning & risk assessment activities
• Develop and maintain a business-critical Disaster Recovery Program that ensures high availability of IT systems and services in a 7x24 service delivery model.
• Participate in Business Continuity planning activities in support of OMES policies and strategic business objectives.
• Develop and maintain disaster recovery and resumption plans and runbooks for the critical processes and systems that are core to the organization’s continued business operations in the event of a disruption.
• Partner with appropriate stakeholders to set recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) for business-critical application and core business services.
• Assist in developing the company’s IT infrastructure strategy and roadmap to incorporate and align with disaster recovery and business continuity requirements.
• Partner with infrastructure and application support teams to develop and maintain executable disaster recovery and systems resilience plans for core business technologies
• Aide cross functional efforts in risk reviews, mitigation and remediation plans, and business continuity projects. Advance Computer Networking (CN) business and systems resilience planning efforts, including operational readiness and incident response.
• Manage vendor relations for IT Disaster Recovery and lead efforts for resilience testing and validation
• Design, coordinate and execute periodic disaster recovery tests for critical IT services, technology components and business processes including actual failovers to ensure disaster readiness.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to conduct resilience impact analyses, validate processes, collect lessons learned and revise systems resilience plans accordingly.
• Provide reports with recommendations to IT leadership on Disaster Recovery and Business continuity strategy including procedure and technology solutions.
• Collect and provide evidentiary documentation of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity tests to support internal and external audits.
• Facilitate disaster risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments. Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing disaster recovery service delivery and business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable improvements.
• Provides supervision, coaching, and mentoring to Disaster Recovery team members to enhance their ability to perform their job duties and facilitate their professional development.
• Educate and train employees in practices of technology risk and disaster recovery planning.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Must be able to pass background check as required.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative results
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include five years of experience in an information technology field, three years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.