|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||6/25/2020 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/13/2020 12:28:00 PM|
|Salary||Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Data Integration Manager. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive , including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [.The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities involving the management of data integration projects. This includes overseeing the design, development and implementation of data integration projects.
• Oversee the data integration team through leadership and supervision. Staff will include data analysts and data engineers.
• Technical ownership of data warehouse and data lake platforms including system and data architecture, engineering and data pipelines
• Lead collaboration for deployment and implementation of tools necessary to integrate data within and across MISs and their use for decision-making
• Understand business requirements and how they translate in application features
• Ownership of the data integration platform starting from selection and deployment of a data integration tool to build out a network of connected applications based on API interfaces and microservices.
• Participate in the evaluation/pilot of new technologies and provide recommendations on how they support business needs
• Manage and communicate with data platform stakeholders balancing business needs with technology capabilities
• Design creative prototypes according to specifications
• Write high quality, unit-tested source code within deadlines
• Conduct functional and non-functional testing
• Troubleshoot and debug applications
• Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
• Develop technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code
• Work with cross functional technology and business partners to lead the technical delivery of integration solutions approved within the portfolio and contribute to the development of the 3-year State Data Strategy
• Collaborate with business partners and internal teams to understand, document and prioritize new datasets and features to be added to the data warehouse/lake
• Align closely with agency IT teams to support the deployment of integration systems
• Partner with the QA and Security teams to ensure compliance with regulatory and security requirements
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture in the design for the overall architecture of the data platforms and provide guidance and oversight
• Ensure that guiding principles and technology and privacy standards are followed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field; MBA or equivalent work experience desired
• API software integration experience
• Integration Platform Certification
• Experience in working with large, diverse teams building custom applications
• DevOps experience
• Experience working with Agile, lean, CI/CD and/or XP practices
• Experience in iOS and/or Android applications
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Working experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
• Working experience with statis languages (Java, C++, C#)
• Working experience with Cluster Computing Frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, EMR)
• Working experience with dynamic languages (Groovy, Ruby, Python)
• Working experience with messaging systems (JMS, RabbitMQ, SQS)
• Working experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns (Mule ESB, Camel, Tibco)
• Working experience with web application containers (Tomcat, Resin, Jetty, IIS)
• Working experience with cloud-based development (AWS, Azure, Google, PCF)
• Working experience with log aggregators (Splunk, Data Dog)
• Working experience with source control systems (Git, SVN)
• Working experience with CD/CI tools (GoCD, Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible)
• Working experience with web services (REST, SOAP)
• Working experience with API specification tools (RAML, Swagger)
• Working experience with CD/CI techniques (TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code)
Requirements include five years of experience in an information technology field, four years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.