|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||5/20/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Salary: $8,500.00 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
The position in this job class is responsible for directing and coordinating the operations of the Office of the Inspector General, which is responsible for conducting both procedural and criminal investigations under the authority of the Director, fugitive apprehensions, Intelligence unit, the department’s law enforcement telecommunication operations, administrative security detail, the oversight of federal standards outlined within the Prison Rape Elimination Act and serves as the department’s primary liaison to both outside law enforcement agencies and the Department of State Emergency Operations.
• Directs a wide range of administrative and criminal investigations which encompass
matters concerning offenders, employees and other identified criminal activity that
may impact correctional operations.
• Responsible for the operations of the department’s fugitive apprehension unit, which
is dedicated to the apprehension of departmental escapes and absconders statewide.
• Responsible for all interstate transportation of offenders returning to the department and/or being housed in other states.
• Supervises the operations of the Intelligence unit to ensure the continuous collection,evaluation, collation and analysis of all meaningful intelligence for correctional action. Ensures an independent database is maintained concerning intelligence, visitor alerts and the validation of offenders as security threat group members is accessible by identified departmental staff.
• Supervises the department’s law enforcement telecommunication operations on all
• Maintains policy and training standards in regard to employee background
• Supervises and coordinates the operations of the security staff assigned to the
department’s administrative office and provides oversight for the security operations
of the agency.
• Supervises the department’s Prison Rape Elimination Act Coordinator. The PREA
Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the agency’s
efforts to comply with the national PREA standards at each facility.
• Serves as the department’s primary liaison to both outside law enforcement agencies
and the Department of State Emergency Operations.
• May be responsible for carrying out security drills and making reports/
recommendations concerning security of facilities to determine conformity and
compliance with security regulations and safety precautions.
• Manages the budget, staff and resources for the assigned area(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of modern correctional operational and administrative practice; of investigative techniques; of Oklahoma law as it pertains to crime, search and seizure,
arrest and rules of evidence; of public relations as they pertain to investigative activities; and of the principles and practices of administration including supervision/management. Knowledge of, and skill in, the use and application of appropriate information technology. Ability to plan, direct and coordinate the activities of others; to interpret, analyze and resolve complex problems; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships; and to organize and manage several projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience in correctional/security, or law enforcement capacity including three (3) years in a supervisory capacity. Must be eligible for, or have completed the training necessary for certification as a peace officer in accordance with the requirements of Title 70, O.S. 3311.
Five years of experience in a division specializing in internal affairs, investigations or intelligence, and certification as a State of Oklahoma peace officer.
Job Code: 8083 DOC Pay Grade: 16 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5, A, 2 Effective Date: 03/01/14
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|