Construction and Maintenance
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||5/20/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Construction and Maintenance
Salary: $6,820.50 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE
Positions in this job are responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the work of a high-performing, professional, technical, and trade-oriented staff engaged in maintenance, repair, construction and rehabilitation of state-owned buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment.
• Directs, oversees, and integrates the activities and operations of the Construction and Maintenance department including planning, architecture/engineering, construction projects (both turnkey and in-house), remodeling and repair projects, preventative maintenance programs, and urgent repairs for 18 facilities.
• Reviews departmental policy and facility memorandums specific to construction and maintenance. Assesses the unit’s operations and provides recommendations to unit staff on the administrative functions including strategies to improve efficiency.
• Coordinates, facilitates, and monitors capital improvement projects and other assigned activities, as well as administering the agency’s $116 million Bond Initiative, which will be an ongoing process for three to five years, while conferring with Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, and other State Agencies as necessary.
• Directs and participates in the development and administration of the department budget. Directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies. Directs the monitoring and approval of expenditures.
• Develops long-range strategies for the administrative operation of the unit. Ensures that the unit’s goals and mission are achieved through the development, implementation, and application of policy and procedure and ensures division operations are consistent with existing laws, rules, regulations, and industry guidelines.
• Directs, monitors, reviews, and implements safe work practices, handling of hazardous materials, and energy management training and surveillance programs.
• Tours and assesses agency buildings and structures in order to develop maintenance and repair requirements of existing facilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices; of the building trades; of the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds or utility systems, such as heating or steam generating, refrigeration, sewage, water treatment or electrical power generating and distribution; and of building codes. Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of management, professional, and trades personnel; delegate authority and responsibility; prepare and administer large and complex budgets and to follow all purchasing rules and statutes; to allocate limited resources in a cost-effective manner; to sequence and execute a high volume of work projects; to administer largescale capital projects and coordinate design and construction; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience in a skilled building trade or maintenance work involving the construction, maintenance, alteration, and/or repair of buildings, grounds, and utilities and two (2) years of supervisory experience in one of the fields listed above; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of college or technical administrative experience for each year of the required bachelor’s degree.
Applicants must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
Job Code: 1268 DOC Pay Grade: 15 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 08/01/2017
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|