|Department||Employment Security Commission|
|Date Opened||3/25/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Annual Hiring Rate: $34,420.04 / Bi-Weekly Hiring Rate: $1,323.85|
|Full or Part Time||
This Governor’s Letter appointment is located at the OESC’s Durant local office..
Annual Hiring Rate: $34,420.04
Bi-Weekly Hiring Rate: $1,323.85
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for: Assist job seekers with employment services including registration, resumes, internet job searches, referrals, etc. Assist customers with eligibility requirements of the Department-of-Labor funded programs.
Duties may include: provide accurate information to customers; administer the Re-Employment Services and Eligibility Assessment Program; direct, immediately assist and monitor customers in the resource area of the office; accurately/timely complete data entry and upload documents; other duties as assigned.
This Governor’s Appointment is limited in duration and must be renewed each legislative session.
Must be willing to work Monday thru Friday between 8 am and 5 pm, or as needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
• Seeking 3 – 5 years in team environment experience in employment services, career or vocational guidance and counseling, personnel, recruitment, training, customer services or social services related work
• Able to use the Internet for research
• Worked with individuals at various levels of an organization
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong, effective & courteous client-facing skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Highly organized with a focus on details
• Self-initiator with ability to respond quickly to client requests
• Able to effectively cope with change in a fast-paced environment
• Responsive nature with strong sense of urgency to handle matters quickly
• Demonstrates a commitment to acquiring new capabilities
Seeking abilities to:
*exercise good judgment in evaluating eligibility requirements;
*exercise good management in evaluating case management situations;
*present ideas and facts effectively and accurately;
*interpret state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to veterans programs, social services, and employment and training activities;
*understand economic trends, social service programs, and psychology;
*anticipate, identify and resolve problems.
“THE OKLAHOMA EMPLOYMENT SECURITY COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.