A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Compliance Specialist. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The compliance specialist manages and maintains compliance by assisting with the development of policies, educating employees, and responding to violations. Assessing agency operations to identify compliance risks and advising management on updated regulations and policies. Develop risk management strategy to avoid non-compliance and file compliance reports with regulatory bodies. Assist agency in creating remediation plan when needed and take corrective action to prevent future occurrences. This includes conducting audits, recommending methods to prevent violations, and creating a plan for remediation. Specialists also act as the liaison between the agency and the governing inspector or auditing firm.
• Establishes operational objectives and work plans.
• Develops, modifies and executes company policies that affect immediate operations.
• Oversees development and implementation of compliance program policies and standards as well as addressing other required regulatory policies.
• Assists in providing final disposition of any discrepancies regarding compliance issues.
• Ensures strategic objectives of the Compliance Program are met, including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response and program testing and validation.
• Identifies key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses the effectiveness of controls and promotes improvement across the organization through the deployment of risk response activities.
• Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• Meets with Director of Compliance on a regular basis for status updates on compliance issues.
• Participates in training promoting compliance awareness.
• Identifies areas of potential improvement.
• Provides updates for periodic reports.
• Assists the business with responses to customer compliance-specific questions and concerns.
• Assists agencies with remediation of audit findings.
• Other related duties assigned as needed
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
*Excellent communication and writing skills.
*Basic computer functions is necessary.
*Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
*Familiarity with systems and general business operations
*Thorough understanding of ethics, regulations, and laws
*Working with management, regulators, and board members
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience or at least 2 years of work in a position related to or with compliance responsibilities.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.