|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/16/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $43,071.17based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Educator II providing support to Pottawatomie County Health Department. This is a classified position (PIN 34003586) located in Shawnee, Oklahoma in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $43,071.17, based on education and experience.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education program such as; serving as a team leader or lead worker on specific projects, programs, or activities and improving health outcomes.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Conducts needs assessments at the individual, organizational, and community levels to determine appropriate theoretical basis from which to initiate programmatic and strategic planning.
• Conducts programmatic and strategic planning with stakeholders in regard to health issues and infrastructure development.
• Implements and/or monitors the implementation of evidence based health education curricula and health promotion programs with an emphasis on program completeness, fidelity, and evaluation.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of health education/promotion programs and makes necessary changes.
• Assists in the development of grant related documents and proposals.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with agencies, communities, or organizations in determining the need for specialized health education programs and the planning, implementation, and evaluation of such programs; this includes strategic planning, the use of logic models, development of performance measures, and specific application of health behavior theory.
• Prepares and delivers public presentations for selected audiences.
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Travel is required.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of health education/promotion programs.
The Health Educator job family consists of three levels, which are distinguished by the complexity of the duties performed, the depth and breadth of accountability, and the level of expertise required for completion of assigned tasks.
This is the specialist level where incumbents are assigned advanced level responsibilities for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education programs such as serving as a team leader or lead worker on specific projects, programs, or activities.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Promotion, Community Health, School Health Education, Health Studies, Nutrition, Health Behavior, or Nursing, PLUS one year of experience in public health education or community development.
Some positions may require that the education and/or experience or the certification may be in a specific area.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.