|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/3/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $50,666.98 Based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Physical Demands and Work Environment
OSDH is seeking a full time Cancer Registry Consultant providing support to the Oklahoma Central Cancer Registry (OCCR). This is an unclassified position (PIN#34002194) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $50,666.98, based on education and experience.
This position supports the Oklahoma Central Cancer Registry (OCCR) by collecting and maintaining cancer data (complete, timely and high quality) from various Oklahoma health facilities. Data are collected in accordance with Oklahoma Law and according to the standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-National Program for Cancer Registries and the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with staff at hospitals such as: cancer data reporters, healthcare professionals, management, etc. in order to collect and maintain tumor-specific and demographic information related to cancer cases among Oklahoma residents
• Assist OCCR functions to consolidate reported cancer cases, review duplicate cases, case finding, abstracting cancer information from hospital records, cleaning data through edits and completing follow up for cases reported through death certificates
• Track assigned reporting facilities on completeness, timeliness and quality of data submissions, and ensuring quality of data received
• Assist in training cancer data reporters on case finding, abstracting, and reporting, as well as informing them on any changes to reporting standards
• Assist in training cancer data reporters on uploading the cancer data as well as troubleshooting issues with uploading
• Assist with the development of materials for the OCCR policy and procedures manual and grant required reports
• Assist with the preparation of grant required reports such as Interim Progress Report and End of Year Report
• Provide support to a federally and state legislatively mandated surveillance system
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and two (2) years of experience in cancer abstraction within healthcare/ registry setting; OR an associate’s degree from a Health Information Management (HIM) program, certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
Knowledge of cancer registry is preferred; strong communication skills both oral and written; and the ability to be detail oriented.
This position is set in an office environment and computer based.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands and Work Environment
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|