|Date Opened||12/12/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/29/2020 2:22:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit resumes to:
This position is opened until filled.
Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Rate and Form Division for a Rate Analyst I. The salary for this position is $37,000. This position is open until filled.
Under immediate supervision, review and analyze rate, manual rule and form filings to ensure compliance with Oklahoma statutes, regulations and case law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Electronically review and analyze insurance filings, such as rate, rule and form filings, for final disposition
• Assist with problems, questions or projects concerning insurance rates, rules and forms
• Communicate with companies in writing or by telephone regarding information relative to specific filings or Oklahoma requirements in general
• Engage in specialized studies of various insurance issues
• Provide assistance in locating filings or information in filings for the general public or insurance industry
• Perform related work as required or assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Develop and expand insurance knowledge including marketplace and laws
• Should have intermediate level knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and have the ability to learn SBS and SERFF software
• Maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
• Manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Must be able to work independently and within a group
• Must possess good customer service skills, handling confidential work with tact and discretion
• Represent the Department internally and externally effectively and professionally
• Communicate effectively
• Must possess strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task
• Must be detail oriented but able to see the “big picture”
• Understand statutes, regulations, policies and procedures and how to apply them to conduct the business of the Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should have property and casualty experience with a preference given to applicants with multiline commercial experience.
Bachelor’s degree with one year of experience working with rates, rules, and forms is preferred or five years of commensurate experience. Preference may be given to applicants with strong mathematical skills and Insurance Professional designation.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.