The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Server Support Specialist providing IT services to our Oklahoma City location. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma State government. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up based on education and experience.
This position serves as front line support for the state’s server team that provides critical services to other state agencies. This position is responsible for configuring, troubleshooting and correcting issues with servers, storage or backups in a cloud environment and requires advanced knowledge and experience in building, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing servers in a cloud environment.
• Install, configure, and maintain operating system software, installing new releases, applying patches or fixes, testing and implementing into production environment.
• Research, install, configure, and maintain, test and coordinate implementing operating system software and other vendor supplied software updates, upgrades and fixes.
• Install, configure, and maintain storage management, backup, archival and recovery components in a network server environment.
• Knowledge of a cloud environment. Experience with Azure is preferred.
• Provide onsite and/or phone support. Travel may be necessary.
• Perform hardware troubleshooting.
• Install or update software including operating systems and databases.
• Coordinate software/hardware upgrades and patches.
• Perform basic networking configurations to connect systems to internal or external networks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements include 24 semester hours of computer science or management information systems course work, and two years of experience in a related field or four years of related experience. A vocational or technical training courses resulting in technical certification may be substituted for the 24 semester hours.
Preference will be given to candidates that possess the following:
Experience with Azure.
Knowledge of virtualization with VMware experience.
Knowledge of data protection suites with experience in Veeam, IBM Spectrum Protect (formerly Tivoli Storage Manager), Backup Exec, or Commvault.
Knowledge of Linux.
Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN’s).