The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a trusted, credible partner that empowers employees to provide valued business expertise allowing customers to focus on their missions across state government. OMES provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters.
Our mission is supporting our partners through unified business services. The OMES mission requires a highly-qualified workforce committed to making government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving that mission takes team-oriented, solutions-driven professionals who understand the importance of partnering to achieve success.
OMES is seeking a full time Workstation Support Specialist located in Comanche County providing support to the Lawton area. This is an unclassified position in state government. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is up to $48,350.
The purpose of this position is to perform work at the full performance level to configure, install and maintain workstation hardware, operating systems, and standard application software. This position requires an individual knowledgeable in information security, networking technology standards, and peripheral devices such as printers and mobile devices.
• Identify network, hardware, and software problems utilizing diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Install, configure, apply patches, and update operating systems and workstation applications
• Work with members of the group to analyze workstation, operating system, and application performance
• Assist in developing and applying changes to achieve optimum performance
• Maintain workstation systems at performance level to meet customer expectations for reliability and stability
• Identify technologies for inclusion in the workstation environment
• Provide end user support; resolve issues pertaining to workstation operation in a networked environment
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of antivirus and other specialized software
• Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventories
• Ensure all scheduled support activities and project deadlines are met while maintaining a high level of user satisfaction and confidence
• Communicate frequently, both verbally and in writing, with end users and other customers
• Serve as the escalation point for technical and customer-related issues in assigned geographical area periodically
• Respond to escalated customer service issues within one business day
• Ensure adequate coverage is maintained by coordinating Workstation Support Specialist scheduled and unscheduled leave and maintaining a backup coverage plan
• Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with team members in order to address issues and provide technical assistance
• Prepare and conduct quarterly trainings with team members in order to increase soft and technical skills
• Coordinate projects with team members, customers, and management in order to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner
• Ensure that all technical issues entered into the ticketing system have full and proper documentation and are closed to successful resolution within seven business days
• Install, configure and troubleshoot PC and laptop hardware and software in the networked environment
• Install, configure and troubleshoot peripheral devices, such as printers, mobile devices including Blackberry phones and tablets
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Lifting above the head is occasionally required. This position may require travel up to 50 percent of the work week.
Requirements include 12 credit hours in computer science, electronics, mathematics, or a related field; IT related certification, or 6 months of IT experience.